Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Weenie Halloweenie

OK this one was lame. I have to admit. Sh didn't come home after school, although I did see her at school when picking up Au. She went to a friends' house for trick or treating and is sleeping over. I'll see her after school tomorrow. She had a cute costume (one I borrowed for the big Work party last Friday) - Tinkerbell. Very cute. I will have to hear about it tomorrow.

Au went as a "death eater." He did score a "dark mark" tatoo that a friend found online. Awesome tatoo, I might add. And he wore all black. We never did find him a cape. I picked him up after school - the big rival football game was today for JV. Sadly we lost.

Au fell asleep on the way home from school. Dare I alert the masses that I am worried about him? Headaches, sleepy every afternoon, eyes bothering him, drinking a lot of water. No, no weight loss. Should I have him checked out? Probably. Could it be simple teenage "I stay up way too late every night?" could be.

Anyway, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home so that I could buy candy for him and his friends. He did NOT want to go trick or treating, but his friends did. I told him I'd put a bowl of candy in each room and they could go room to room and knock on doors and say "trick or treat." The friends ultimately dragged him out anyway, but he was happy to eat my extra candy.

And visitors? We got 4 (FOUR) groups of kids. 4. that's all. how sad. I remember mom's house growing up - nearly 100 kids every year. She always set the candy out in pretty rows on one of her pretty trays and let the children choose. She would make a big deal out of each child's costume, trying to guess who was behind the mask (she knew, b/c she knew all the neighbors and the moms "gave away" the kids, but she was a great pretender of "surprise.") Kids loved going to mom's house - she's cool. My neighbors came by, but it just wasn't the same. Part of it is the houses are too far apart and we don't get a lot of kids. Part of it is there aren't a lot of kids in the neighborhood. And part of it is we are outgrowing Halloween. Siggghhhh. They'd rather TP the houses, I know it. And scare the kids.

Although I give props to Au. He answered the door to 3 little (10 years old? 8?) girls. One was obviously dressed as Hermione and had a great wand. Au talked to her about her costume, told her it was great. Showed her his dark mark. Asked her to do a spell. She was so in awe of this boy and totally tongue tied. And he was so cute with her. Made her night I am sure.

So tomorrow we put our Skelly back in the box, along with the Happy Halloween signs and light up skeleton heads that all came out for, oh, 12 hours. (better late than never...).

the good news? Tomorrow starts the CHRISTMAS SEASON!! I can't wait to start decorating!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Lisa: "Haul Out the Holly. Put up the Tree before My Spirit Falls again....."

No comments: