Sunday, October 14, 2007
Race to the Finish
Why is it that any time away from the office requires double that amount of time in the office in order to catch up? Or stay ahead (HA that's funny). Does this have something to do with Einstein's theory of relativity? Or Jack Welch's theory on success in business? Or my own anal need to participate in everything and take on too many projects at work? YES I'll take curtain number 3 please. Of course, if I would spend more time being productive and less time procrastinating on the Internet, perhaps I could get out of here on this beautiful day and do something more fun.... Anyway, 4 days and counting until Puerto Rico. YES I am really going to a conference. Despite my colleague's insistence that "Puerto Rico" is Spanish for "boondoggle." Funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heh, I like that, Spanish for "boondoggle."
I have always wanted to announce I'm going on vacation a week before I actually do, just to shake out all the crises that build up "because you won't be here next week." And then I'd get a week to coast before I actually left.
Nah, it'd never happen.
Hope you enjoy your trip!
Yes, my next vacation (remember, this is a boondoggle conference, not a "vacation" per se. Haha), I am going to tell them I'm taking 2 weeks off - the first week, of course, being a big, FAT LIE so that I arrive at my real vacation non harried. OK so that will never happen. But we can continue to dream can't we?!
Post a Comment