Yes, I did make it out of Las Vegas (lost wages, haha very funny Carol P!) and in one piece. I got to the airport and realized I had not gambled 1 single nickel. My friend who was at the airport with me was astounded and begged me to at least play the slot. After much torture, he finally put $20 in the machine and made me play. I kept laughing at him b/c I knew the money would be gone in short order. But he seemed determined to have me play. Yes, we lost it all. Silly boy. Vegas was fun, but it was good to be home where I could sleep and enjoy some kind of normalcy. Great to see the kids again - I can't believe how much I missed them. Or maybe I can.
Wednesday through Sunday was a whirlwind of activity. We found Sh a homecoming dress, bought A a new shirt (that's too big - he wasn't with us - so back I go), did lots of soccer. Sh scored in the Friday night game with her Right foot! (she's left footed) and I scored in my Sunday night game with my left! SH also got her hair cut, went to the farm market with me, the library, shoe shopping, etc etc. We did a lot of damage in a short period of time. An added bonus was shopping with her VA cousins, people she doesn't see very often.
Today the kids are off with K and their cousins on the boat. It's supposed to be 90 degrees today - rather balmy for October around here. I am back at work in my "normal" schedule. So far it's pretty foggy here today, but I'm hoping they have sun where they are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment