Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Musical House

Tonight was one of those fun, spontaneous nights that I'd like to bottle up and save and replay when I'm alone. First we had a nice dinner together - salmon by request of Au, and I picked up some sushi for Sh who doesn't really like salmon. Everyone was happy. Then Au started messing around on the piano after dinner and Sh went over to watch and sing. Then mom joined in. Au played some Elton John and we sang along. Then he did "100 years" for me b/c they'll be 15 Friday, which is killing me in a way. Then Sh took over and did Drops of Jupiter. It was just fun - fun to play together. Fun to enjoy their talent. Fun to sing together and be silly. Oh somewhere in there SH and I danced - one of the Elton songs we were singing had a "boy" and "girl" song (Don't go breakin' my heart) and she was doing the boy part. So she attempted to lead me in dancing. And we laughed and I showed her how my crazy PA girlfriends totally lead when we dance. SH started cracking up and said, "You're dancing like Uncle T!" It was an unplanned evening of entertainment and very fun. Then off to homework, of course. After which they piled in my bed, sh with a book, me talking on the phone with Aunt K (until my phone mysteriously cut out, and not the cell either!), and Au talking to the dog (yes she was also in the bed). They love to pile in my bed with me and hang out, but have never been allowed to sleep there. At some point I should replace the TV in my bedroom, b/c they love to watch shows with me in my bed. But I never liked a TV in my room, so haven't bothered to replace the one K took. Haven't missed it. Anyway, it's good to have them here and together and hang out. And yes, I'm glad I pushed them through all those years of music lessons - the tears, frustration and dollars spent on lessons all pale in comparison to the priceless evening we shared tonight.

OH and PS - Sh's team won their game Tuesday! Sh had a picture perfect cross (actually quite a few) but one cross/shot hit the top post, bounced down to the ground and all around. How it didn't cross the plane of the goal I don't know. Her teammates were there - one to kick it from the goalie's grasp, the other to kick it in. It was awesome. I love it when they all work together! And it started with someone on her team realizing they couldn't go through the wall of girls, so she passed it back to Sh, who crossed/shot it in. Yep, proud moments.

No comments: