Sunday, September 30, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

Another day, another City, or so it seems to go. Let me tell you, Vegas has changed since I was last here with my sister K when the kids were 18 months old!! Wow. I have no idea where I am or how to get to where I need to be. Just crossing the street is a challenge. We're down where all the fancy new hotels are. And our hotel is outstanding - apparently voted one of the world's "10 grandest hotels." Yeah. You bet.

First, I check in. This place is huge. Ginormous. And they're talking about my "suite." Suite? We don't get suites. Well, I guess every room is a suite. And the nice person checking me in tries to upgrade me (why? I don't know. Maybe because I waited patiently and smiled? who knows). But I needed to get into my room to change and my room was the only one ready at noon. So I don't get upgraded. But I get to my room and I think they've given me a small apartment. The bathroom is probably the size of my guest bedroom at home. Then there's the bedroom area, then step down into the living room, and I have an office complete with fax/copy/scanner/printer. Flat screen tvs? 3 - even one in the bathroom (I watched football while doing my hair. Too fun). This isn't NYC!!!

It is a little frustrating, however. To get to my room from the hotel lobby is a good 10 or 15 minute walk - if you don't get lost. Follow the signs carefully. Then try to find the convention part of the hotel? HA. That took another 10 or 15 minutes. And there's 5 floors of that. Then try to find the pool? HAHA. And there's a club within the pool for 21+ only but you have to reserve a spot ahead of time. Interesting. They let me in just to check it out (I didn't have time for the pool anyway, but wanted to see what all the hype was about). There is a shopping mall in this hotel - Jimmy choo, Lladro, etc as well as more reasonable places like Ann Taylor - why yes they were having a sale and I did pick up a new outfit and a blouse that are awesome, in about 5 minutes. Totally cool. You can take a water ride like through the streets of Venice which goes all around the mall/shops/"canal" area- (forget what they call those little boats). But it really is a fun place, so I'll try to wear comfortable shoes and allow time to get where I need to go.

Off to the conference! Maybe I should leave a trail of breadcrumbs??

1 comment:

Carol P. said...

It's been a while since I've been to Lost Wages, but this brings it all back!

Hope you didn't get lost there!