Sunday, May 04, 2008

Rugby Bragging

Sh blah blah soccer blah blah. Wait. Did you know I have a SON who rocks at RUGBY. Yes, it is "the houligan's sport played by gentlemen." At least, that's the way history describes it. It's a sport I don't quite understand - part soccer, part football, part cheerleading (have you seen the "throw ins" or whatever they call them, where they toss the ball in and the teams hoist a player in the air to catch the ball? Total cheerleader move...), part field hockey. It's crazy. Fun to watch when you're not cringing thinking they're all going to end up in the hospital or worse....

Today Au played in a tournament. It wasn't "my" weekend with the kids, so I didn't take him. In fact, I was slated to work with Mother so that SIL K could go to the lake for her bday. But I get a call at noon, "MOM where are you? And can you come to my 1:30 game?" Huh. I thought you had a 10am game. "OH MOM I scored [a try, not a goal or a touchdown, but a 'try'] and assisted in the second try and we ran 70 yards and we were awesome and we're in the second/championship game and can you please come watch?" How can you resist. So I quickly tried to accomplish with Mother what I can, jump in the car and made the 2nd half of the game. I did bring my camera but haven't loaded the photos. They got creamed in the championship game but it was fun to watch all the same.

My Boy is amazing. Talented. Fast. Determined. Smart. Handsome. You'll see when I post those photos....

3 comments:

JO said...

Wow! Way to go Au! Impressive! (Tis a sport that I don't understand either - but looks like fun!)

DF said...

Rugby is a tough sport. Nice job Au.

Carol P. said...

Wooohoooo, great job, Au! Can't wait to see all the pictures. Rugby is a fad game in the software industry right now because one of the hot techniques is scrum. I can't follow the rules in the real game though....