Spring is Sprouting Up All Over - It's the Second Most Wonderful Time of the Year - hmmm smell that fresh cut grass...

So in between feeling awful, Sh and I had some time to spread a little PINK. Some of you KNOW about my whole Pink Fetish Thing. Some of the pink just gloriously Sprouts from year to year - here (above) the pink roses planted last July 4th weekend.

Sh did this corner (above) all by herself. Yes they look small but they will grow! shades of Pink.

Last year I planted with boxes on the ground then the boys hoisted them up. This year I planted from the catwalk. It was a bit precarious, but clearly I survived! They are pink wave petunias, and I love them.
Close up of the rose bushes from last year.
Close up of the vinca with a touch of pink.

More vinca 'round the pole. And my clematis is coming back nicely.

Added some small urns of - GASP - yellow petunias. They were so soft and buttery looking. And On Sale. Love that aspect. I thought maybe the "urns" should be larger but SH said, "No way mom, any larger would've been dorky." Good to know. Still need to paint that front door. And maybe replace the fading flag. OH and see those bushes on the right? Remember the sticks of last year? Nice.
Need to get some kind of "hiding thing" for that awful hose in the background. I need to leave it out b/c the boxes need daily watering. hmmmm, off to Target I Go.
3 comments:
Nice landscaping. I guess that I need to come by in the spring or summer, and not at oh dark thirty so I can see it next time I am coming through.
Can you come out here and do some planting? My bulbs are done and I need to do some something. Not sure I go for pink though. Maybe clean white with pink centers would work though....
Seriously, they look great and hope they turn the yard into a glorious pink-spotted photo op!
Post a Comment