Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lastest Addiction

Sh and I are at it again with our Latest Addiction: NetFlix. We love Netflix. We get unlimited movies - as fast as we can watch them, dump them in the mail and get a refill (just 2-3 days turnaround can you believe? We have 2 out at a time so we're almost always getting something new in the mail). Even better, they have "instant downloads," and I have figured out how to hook the laptop up to the internet and the projector simultaneously so that we can watch instant movies on the home theater! And watch we do...

She's taking me through the "new releases" because I never go to the movies anymore. I've seen Juno, 27 dresses, I am Legend, and I forget the rest of the silly ones. I'm taking her through the "classics." Classics varying from true classics (Casablanca is up for tonight) to my 80's classics - we did Dirty Dancin' last night (how can she possibly think Patrick Swazye is not incredibly hot???!!!), Footloose the night before. Au is joining some of this craze and is now addicted to the Footloose soundtrack. Yes, he is a boy addicted to 80's music. What can I tell you? He does an awesome Chris Penn "learning to dance" impersonation...I really need to get a video camera.... She's also seen Forrest gump and Animal House. We're also catching up on TV series. And I've finally seen The Office (I don't get it!!!!)

The other great part is I can watch to my heart's content when they are over with Dad. I flip between "classics" (jerry McGuire and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington for example) and new ones (Fractured - that's just creepy!).

I'll be happy when school is out next week so we can watch more movies! I am trying to get them to study for finals in between viewings. It's not easy....

Maybe now my assistant will stop glaring at me, exclaiming, "You haven't SEEN ________ movie ??!!!!!!!"

3 comments:

JO said...

Whaaaat??? My non-tech geek cousin figured out how to hook up her laptop to the theatre projection screen to watch movies?

I sense a shift in the Force

Carol P. said...

I was gonna say....

meh said...

Ha. Ha. Ha. But I won't tell you how long it took me to figure it out or that I got a final, key "clue" from a friend on the phone...