Monday, May 12, 2008

Back In The Saddle

Wish I could say, "Back in the sunshine again." but it seems we are to begin Ark Building 101 any time now...sigh.

Last week was spent at a conference in San Diego. Where it was cold and rainy. I kid you not. Back in MD It was sunny and warm - until I arrived home in the rain... My first conference last year was "fun." Now they are tiresome and annoying...I did pick up a few new clients but I wonder if it's all worth it?!

Didn't get to do the planned events for Mother's day weekend: rain rain rain. And Sick Sick Sick. Sh's game got rained out saturday and she was too sick Sunday (is still sporting a fever - hi ho hi ho it's to the Dr's we go, but I can't complain, can I JO?!)

I didn't feel like planting gardens in the chilly weather. Au and I did split the lawn care. He thinks it's funny that I like mowing the grass. He warns, "It [the fun] will wear off."

I did get a lot of nice surprises from Au. He is quite the man. He did the following unprompted: He helped pick out and then installed my new garage door opener (with some help from his dad); he fixed a leaky faucet; bathed the dog; downloaded music for a very sick SH. He is a total sweetheart. Still waiting for the favor he wants in return...

I did have a soccer game Sunday night but it was raining so hard (forget driving rain, how about Pelting rain?!) I didn't bring the kids with me. If we don't show, it's a $100 team fine. And it was a turf game (not real grass) so we played in the pouring rain. At least we won and I scored 3 times. Made it worthwhile. Told Sh I even scored twice with my left. She's my inspiration!

And now back to work and our regularly scheduled programming....

No comments: