Sunday, September 23, 2007

From Housekeeper to Kept

Ah yes, 24 hours after scrubbing baseboards and walls and doorframes, I'm hanging out in the Radisson in NYC, letting someone else do the cleaning. And let me tell you, some of these old hotels? well, they apparently live by the DF rule of "if you don't look, it's not dirty." Wishing I brought a bottle of Tilex Mildew Root Remover with me. I used to mock certain members of the extended family who clean their hotel bathroom before they use it. Now I'm wishing I had planned ahead....at $599 a night, you'd think it would be clean. Dream on. That's what we get for visiting during "UN week" or whatever their excuse is.

Just here for 2 days, thank goodness. Then back home to collect my expensive car (expensive to repair lately or so it seems. Next time I get hit with this kind of bill, it will be to the junk heap for you ol' 8 year old mess! But not being prepared to buy something right now, I will sink thousands of dollars into you, you wretched beast. Oh beast that I happen to love to drive. Never buy a car you love. You do stupid things. But that's another post for another day).
No, as DF can understand, I will not see any of the fun sights of NYC this trip. I could've probably come up much earlier today and did some touring, but I didn't plan ahead. plus sh and I had to drive all over town looking for shin splint braces that don't exist....but we did have a nice lunch, so that makes it all worth while. Best I can hope for is BossMan and I will catch a nice dinner tomorrow night - last year we found an awesome spanish restaurant, ate on the rooftop on a gorgeous night, had great food. I'm hoping we can find that same place (OK I know it's NY and we've got 600 restaurants to choose from, but when you find a winner, go back I say!).

Nothing else new on the homefront. Sh's team had a great game Friday night that I missed. Had a bad game Saturday that I caught. I will miss her Tuesday night game, but will be there in full voice for Friday's game!!

2 comments:

Carol P. said...

Have a good, short trip, and hope you find a faboo place to have supper.

And I hear you on the cleaning the hotel bathrooms. With kids who still take baths, it's a PITA to have to scrub the tub everywhere we go.

DF said...

Seems odd to me that you can spend the night in a $85 HIE and get free high speed Internet, continental breakfast, but yet you go the the Radisson level hotel at $500/night and get a dirty room.

I am wicha cuz. I will be in Tinsel Town later this month for a trade show doing nothing really exciting but standing in a booth acting like the enthusiastic employee.

I too, also understand the car issue, but many time would rather make repairs than car payments. That is why all of my cars have well over 100k on them.