Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Labor Day Futbol


Ready, Set, Kick! The Red Hot Chilis are off to a great start of the season as they rose to the challenge of playing tough teams in a Labor Day Tournament. As Team Photographer, I try to get photos of all the girls - I'm getting good at making sure I have action shots of everyone. And I post to Picasa by COB for all the girls to see. Yes, my cousins have turned me into a bit of a monster with this thing! But somehow there are always a few more photos of one certain team member. Hmmm, wonder who that could be. Perhaps the girl with the big left foot?!! That's my baby!
Coachie gives some pointers during halftime.

yeah, we're paying attention. It's only 90 degrees and we've been at this for 2 days.


Chessie, the ever faithful cheerleader while the brother and the father are off sailing....
That's what I like to see - smiling faces coming off the field after a hard-fought game! (Yes, that's my girl on the left)

No, they didn't win this tourney - the tied twice and lost to the championship team (but lost by less than the other teams in their group!). But they had fun and are ready to hit it hard in the regular season. Love those new uniforms. Go Chilies!!



1 comment:

Carol P. said...

Great pics! And yes, carrying a digital camera with you means that you take lots of snaps. It's so much easier and cheaper than film....

I came back from a GS outing a few years ago and realized that, in the interest of being fair and taking pictures of everybody (see: "There is no mom in Girl Scout leader"), I didn't have a single picture of my own flesh-and-blood GS. From that point on, I made sure to get several at each outing.

But I gotta say, I miss the pic of Sh at the top that you had for the last few days. Every time I looked at it, it was like I was 14 again and summer vacation had returned, when the days and weeks stretched out forever and ever. Sigh.