Sunday, December 03, 2006
Another Sunday night already!
Wow where does the time go. Seems like I was just buying pizzas and various bad snack foods for the teenagers (Friday night - somehow I think we'll be having a lot of impromptu "parties" over the next 4 years). Now it's Sunday night and time for answering those discovery responses that I blew off Friday afternoon so that I could be home with all the teenagers! A fast weekend - I guess time does fly when you're having fun! Friday night after all the "other" kids left, the three of us got down and dirty with some DDR. You know you're old when your kids let you win... but it's good exercise and always a lot of laughs, so I take the wins any way I can get them! Saturday morning we got up early to go cut down our Christmas tree - it's a little early in the season, but the social calendar is pretty full this year, so we figured we had better get it done in the window we had. We managed to find a tree we could all agree on - even Chessie likes it. It's a little skinnier and smaller than normal, but it does fit better in the new bay window than the big honkin' fatties I usually like to get. Ok, so K was right again - do I have to tell him?! Saturday afternoon S had her band competition - all 1's for the Wind Ensemble!! You go girl. Saturday night mom and dad actually got to have a little social life of their own at the neighborhood wine & dine. It's a great annual event where everyone brings a dish to share and a wine that goes with it. We get food and wines from all over the world, and I think the guest list is about 200 strong (not at our house, thank goodness). Of course I always bring something Spanish - this year it was paella - something I'm proud to say I learned to make in spain and have been told I make it better than spaniards! (I don't cheat - it's all from scratch and takes a few hours, but oh so pretty when it's done. And tasty too!). We stayed way too late, as we usually do, and 8am came fast. Sunday school is always a trip with the K & 1st graders S and I teach. I expected them to be more and more rowdy as Christmas approaches, but they were actually better behaved today than normal! perhaps they fear Santa is watching (Jesus? Well, he'll forgive them, they know that. But Santa, he has that list you know!). Then after church we started on the tree - trying to get the lights on in between editing papers on Julius Caesar. It seems I am not a worthless mommy after all - I have a gift for editing. Who would've guessed - just because I pretty much write for a living??! Kids are hilarious. Then I actually made another paella today - I had too many ingredients left over that won't keep (seafood and such) so I decided to have the in-laws over and actually make dinner. We used to do that all the time - they live right next door - but high school has kept us a little busy. This paella went together a lot faster than yesterdays - and I didn't trash the kitchen nearly as badly! Anyway, the papers are done, the kitchen is clean, the lights are on the tree (I think we only used 1000 this year instead of 1500 or 2000 like we usually do with a bigger tree. K's convinced I'm going to cook our little tanenbaum), and I'm procrastinating getting my work done by blogging - some things never change. And I wonder where the kids get it from?! Before we know it Friday will be upon us once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment