Sunday, December 17, 2006

8 days til Christmas - are you SURE?

It can't be a week away - it's 80 degrees and sunny and I'm working on a Sunday night - clearly we're not in Kansas anymore ToTo.

And who knew you could get 99% of your shopping done and go see a 2 1/2 hour James bond movie and go to the neighborhood party all in one day. I should've slept last night, but I couldn't [nerves], so instead I got up at 4:30 a.m., packed and went into the office, then to the airport. It's going to be a long night tonight, and I don't know how much longer I can stay awake!

I've called home 3 times today - already missing the kids terribly. K's being a trooper and getting the cards done. And I hear the house is clean!! I miss home and it's only been 12 hours. I don't know how people do this all the time. Counting my blessings that I don't have to....

2 comments:

Carol P. said...

Cards? Cards? I've sent Happy New Year cards and even Happy Groundhog Day! cards and Happy Spring! cards in the past. Can K come out here and do ours too?

And break a leg! Or whatever the equivalent phrase is for lawyers. I wish my job were as exciting!

JO said...

Sigh....isn't it fun? I have finally determined in my 15 years as a working mom, that the amount of work is directly proportional to the amount of stuff you have to do at home. If you are caught up at home, you are caught up at work....if you are slammed at home..ditto for work. I swear that I am the rabbit in Alice and Wonderland ("I'm late, I'm late..for a very important date")