Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Waiting: on Photos and a trip Home...

Well, once again I am posting from work, so photos will have to wait. Christmas was a great success all the way around. Santa did indeed come, despite having delivered an early present (a pool table) on the 23rd. I think the children's late awakening (I dragged them out of bed at 8:30!!) had to do with figuring Santa was passing by the house because of the 23rd delivery. Joke was on them - hopefully my photos will catch the utter Shock and Awe on Sh's face when she saw what Santa left - pink Roxy snow skis. Santa apparently doesn't have the ability to manufacture boots in his shop, but the kids were happy to at least have the skis/board (A got a snow board). The kids went out with K today to buy their boots (on their own dime I might add). From the phone reports it sounds like it was quite the economic education for them both. Sh opted to save $150 on boots and forgo the "matching" boots. Apparently fashion does have a price, and it is expensive!!

From Santa, we moved next door to the Grandparents and Great Grandmother to celebrate for a bit, before traveling around the beltway to be with the extended family and cousins. The food was fab, the company even better. It is a blessing to have so much family so close.

It was a strange time for me, however, because we are not going up to CT after the holidays. Having traveled up there for Thanksgiving, we opted to stay here, complete some home improvements, and then go to the Lake house with the cousins for New Year's. It is very sad for me not to go home. I broke into tears the other day for "no apparent reason" as the kids say. I realized after a bit that it was the realization that I wouldn't ring the bells and share cookies with mom and visit with the sissies that had me sad. True I can go home another time, but for me there is truly no place like home for the holidays. Had I not had to come into work this week, I had toyed with taking a fast trip up there during the week - with or without the kids (I think my parents would've freaked if I had left the kids home). But, alas, work calls and I am still here - so a trip to CT will have to wait...

And speaking of work, time to get back to it. Hopefully I can post some photos tonight.

No comments: