Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring up all over...

Why I love living here - when the cherry blossoms explode...
"mini-mine" - an apparent offshoot perhaps some years ago from "Mine" (see below)
Up close and personal - they look like cotton candy - yum
NO WAY - remember the sticks we hacked last summer? [http://himesgang.blogspot.com/2007/07/land-escapin.html#links] I see color and buds!
The Tree Called "MINE" - outside Sh's window. She named it, quite simply, "mine." It's a nice weeping cherry - needs some pruning and is a bit old. But prettyful, even if it does rain constant garbage on my patio!


And last but oh so not least - I mowed that myself. All by myself. Might not seem like a big deal, but I had to 1) figure out a lawnmower that would function 2) figure out gas 3) remember to let go of the self-propelling lever when turning corners so as not to plow into stuff or end up on somebody's YouTube "idiot" footage....tomorrow I finish trimming all the bushes and readying the yard for flowers....

No comments: