
Are you seeing double? Yes. You Are. No they are not both mine. Thank the Good Lord. The top one is MINE. Chessie. She is 9. A good dog. Well trained. Well mannered. The bottom one - well that's K's new dog. Not well mannered, although showing signs of "training." If you've read the book "Marley and me" she's marley, but maybe a few pounds lighter. She's soft, adorable and
t-r-o-u-b-l-e. Leave her alone for 30 seconds and she's in the trash or on the counters (I kid you not) or shredding something. She does "listen" when you say no, come when you call. But that's about the end of her "good" qualities. K and the kids were away for the weekend, so I kept her. Shocked that he asked - I took it as the proverbial "olive branch." Did I
want to watch her? Not particularly. I am kind of over the "watch over me every second" stage of having either dog or child. Call me old. But I kept her because he needed help and because I hope that someday we'll be at least civil if not "friends." Fortunately, no major damage....

They
loved "playing" in the office. Marley, uh I mean Cassie, shredded every toy Chessie has. Santa was very very good to Chessie, and Chessie has cared well for her toys. But Cow now has no ears and no stuffing and no 'moooooo,' the tug ring is no longer a ring, the tug rope is a mere frayed knot...sigh.

After a long day in the sun, playing ball and doing yard work they chill in the foyer. Chessie is on the left, Cassie on the right. Cassie rests for approximately 37 seconds.....
Oh, Cassie is coming to stay for the week while K travels. I've already emptied ALL the trash cans in anticipation, cleared the counters, and bought a few new toys. Plus I bought Cassie her own bone to chew. Maybe she'll stop biting Chessie's ears...
No comments:
Post a Comment