Monday, April 07, 2008

1:30:18

Time. 90 minutes 18 seconds. That's how long it took me to run the Cherry Blossom 10 mile race. Slower than I had originally planned (10 minutes and 18 seconds slower) but exactly where I thought I'd be after 3 weeks of hacking cough and no running, miserably cold rain (drizzle, then stopped, then RAIN at the end), and starting towards the back of 20,000 runners because they messed up my bib and gave me a pokey time. For the first 3 miles I tried to get around all the slow people. Finally around mile 5 it opened up. And I took off.

No I didn't stop for beer at mile 7.5 but I really wanted to. Had they been at mile 9.5 I would've just to say I did....

I almost didn't run. We stayed at the BossMan's bay house for the weekend, hanging out, watching movies, and talking about the race. We debated running when we woke up to pouring down rain. But we decided we'd drive to the city and see how bad it was. It was only drizzling by then, so we ran. I came in second in our group - beaten by 15 minutes by the 22 year old paralegal. 20 years younger, 15 minutes faster. Not too impressive (we have to tease him about something!). But I beat Mini-Me who ran 1:34 (I think better than last year) and LK, the funny girl, who beat her own time from last year by 6 minutes (GO LK!!). The trash talking boy partners didn't run, just heard the glory when it was done. They were "injured." Saps. LK says they are the weaker sex. I think she's right!! She said, "Too bad we don't get medals for this race like the marathon. We could've worn them to our next Tech Division Lunch and said 'Part Time Lawyer full Time Moms Rule.'" She is a funny one.

All in all, a fantabulous weekend, fun at the Jetty seeing Jim Morris play, great times at BossMan's houses (he seems to collect them and they are all in remodeling....very funny), superfantabulous time with friends who came great distances to watch us run and cheer us on in the rain without a peep about the cold or the rain or the early morning hours. Just full of support and smiles and good cheer.

Glad to have the kids and the Dog back. Lots to do this weekend. Papers to file. States to sue. Press conferences....did I say that? Seems this week could get exciting. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

DF said...

Run fast cuz. Nice job!