Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Not much to say

Not much to add but I promised to post more often, so I'll post about nothing (OK OK I generally post about nothing. But you're still reading anyway, aren't you - so what does that say? Huh?)

My sickness lingers despite trying to take care of myself for a change. And I finally even took time out to go to the dr. Why do I bother? He asks questions, doesn't listen for the answers (I said He, so yeah, no surprise HE asked a question and didn't listen for the answer! My female Dr wasn't in today. Too bad I wasted my time!). Then he prescribed a bunch of drugs, most of which I don't need. Give me the antibiotic and call it a day. Then I got every-single-light-red between dr office and my office - I kid you not. 1 1/2 hours to go about 15 miles. Pathetic. Non-rush-hour. I was totally annoyed by the time I hit my desk today. Hung out the "do not disturb the Queen" door pillow-hanger and closed it to collect myself. Works wonders!

Work is too busy, and I shouldn't be blogging. I was here til after 4am one night this week on an emergency motion that got canned the next day. Don't ask. I was excited for the emergency motion - we haven't done one in over a year and they're fun. So sorry it got canned. Especially after devoting so much time to it. Oh well, life happens.

Tomorrow I have my quasi-emergency motion due to the team I'm working with "pro bono" to try to set the state of maryland straight on a certain issue. We've been team-working and info-gathering for 2 months. Time to put pen to paper. I'm working with 2 outside pro-bono-all-the-time firms and one other "regular" firm on this. they're doing the heavy lifting, know what the legal issues are, know the law and generally speak in ancronyms and have me lost. Now I have to draft the PI and pretend I have a clue. It's going to be a loooong night. but If I can pull this off and if we can win, that would be so awesome for the truly destitute of our State that the Pleasure will be Worth All the Pain.

This weekend I finally get to run the Cherry Blossom 10 mile race, which is the only reason I accepted the Dr's $35 co-pay inhaler. I don't need an inhaler even with my nasty bronchitis bark under normal circumstances, but it might come in handy Sunday morning if I hope to cross the finish line in a 1/2 way decent time. Yes I'm running even if I am sick. Du-h. I've been training for months. And I just signed up for another 10 miler, but that's not til the fall (again a bunch of us from work are doing it). There's another in 2 weeks, but I don't think I'll be healed by then. And I don't think I want to do one in the summer. Anyway, the Cherry Blossom race should be awesome. the cherry blossoms are in full and glorious bloom, I'm running with a bunch of friends/co-workers, and Sunday is supposed to be near-perfect race weather. I'm quite excited.

K is now officially next door and it's working out great. Sh came in Monday morning in a panic (while I was on the treadmill and nearly gave me a heart attack by surprising me) looking for homework and such. Nice that she can just run next door. and last night she came over so that I could fix her spring uniform skirt for school the next day. She hung out and helped me, and we watched dumb disney sitcoms while I sewed. Then she ran home to K's. Au came by from his dog walking (K has an energetic young lab that needs lots of exercise!) and said hey while I was outside. I got to see Au and my doggy chessie (who changes houses with the kids in a shared-custody arrangement that works well). I think it will be great for the kids that they don't have to worry so much if they "forget" something at one house when they are transitioning to the other. And it's wonderful to see the kids when they are not officially in "my" custody rather than just the normal daily texting and phone calls. I do try to remind them that the "official custody" parent needs to know where they are and what they're doing just so we don't all go nuts. So far so good.

AND my blogging friend <3'd me! ME! I am not linking it here b/c I'm not sure how public she wants her blog to be. But she's an "IRL" friend, former coworker who sadly moved away, and has been a blogging buddy. I love reading her blog, even if it's painful to hear of her challenges because I hate that she is sad about anything at all. She's a truly gifted and hilarious person/writer who doesn't think nearly enough of herself. It means a lot to get some love from her on her blog! Thanks RS!

SO despite not being 100% healthy and the annoyances of that, everything else is moving along. I love spring and am looking forward to the warmer weather.

OK for someone with "not much to say" I certainly can fill a page. But then, that's pretty much what I always do. Blah Blah Blah. Now, back to work for me!

No comments: