Au On the lift
SH says "Stop playing with the camera and let's SKI"
Sh on the lift "WHAT do you WANT?!"
We borrowed Gram's little digital and had a ball - lots of photos from the lift, some at the top of the mountain and a few from the slopes. Mom has decided maybe she needs a nifty camera like that! We truly had a ball - long days on the slopes, nights cooking in our room, which was more than big enough for the three of us, a night of tubing, the kids went swimming one night (!), dinner out one night, games of Boggle and Mario on the DS. My cell phone did not work at the resort, so I was forced to have a 5 day vacation - so unbelievably relaxing once I let go and realized the world would continue to turn without me. The first true vacation in a very, very long time. Oh it felt so good.
We've come home to cherry blossoms and tulips and daffodils. Such a change from the 6 inches of new snow we left on Friday...
It is good to be home. Good to be getting ready for spring, for the 10 mile race next weekend, for life..
and here, more photos of our vaca...
Looking out our balcony into the snow village. Yes truly ski-in ski out
Mom clearly likes snow tubing, too.
Yeah, we skiied that. (OK We skiied/boarded EVERYTHING)
A long way down? Not when you're 15 and going all out - and not when you're mom chasing 2 fifteen year olds down the mountain. We averaged 15 minutes up on the lift and 15 minutes to get down - they ski fast with no breaks (and no respect for an old lady's sore quads...)
Yes we skiied/boarded that, too. All of them. (Have I told you I love having teenagers?!)
Yep and we skiied that, too. lots of little runs through the woods. They have this crazy thing called "Glades" where you can ski through the woods. I agreed to do that....once. What a dumb idea. Truly only for the experienced skiers/boarders. Which mine are but I am not. I took a break on my back with my skis on one side of a tree and my head on the other side, and my body wrapped around the tree, contemplating my navel and making an upside-down snow angel, while the kids waited at the bottom wondering what the heck mom was doing in the woods....
Trying to get a photo of the top of the mountain from the lift going up, but it's buried in clouds and snow. Beautiful glorious snow.
3 comments:
Thanks for posting these! I love seeing other people's vacation photos. So where did you go? NE mountains don't mean much to me....
Of course, you wouldn't catch me zooming down any mountains on skis, nosiree, nope, no way, uh-uh, never gonna happen. It was too flat where I grew up to even contemplate it.
We all have our little hangups.
So do Au and Sh need the retraining program after you get back from vacation? My 3 definitely need it, though J is starting to handle these sorts of transitions on her own.....
I'm glad you liked them - but they're not nearly as good as your photos. Love your vaca shots! We went to Smuggler's Notch in VT. Nice family place. Now the kids just want to go west to bigger and better..isn't that always the way?!
And as for the transition back, we're doing ok. we came back on a saturday which gave us a day to adjust. thank goodness.
Sounds like an awesome vacation. I'm so glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment