Sunday, November 25, 2007

Time Marches On

Like my Cuz over at http://www.merrylandofoz.blogspot.com/, I am trying to enjoy today, while missing yesterday. So hard to do both, yet it must be done.

Thanksgiving was quite new here for me. The first holiday apart from the kids. I missed them, to be sure. But was blessed to be with my extended family. See, it was my sis's J's 50th bday. So I set out for CT at 5:30a.m.ish wednesday morning for CT. I called J around 7am, sure that she was up. Pretending I didn't know she had the day off. So I sang my TGIFriday's version of Happy Bday to her, and inquired as to her day. I said, "Do you have time to see your sister?!" And she paused, and said, "K??" (who lives minutes away) and I said, "NO your baby sister, ME" She was so confused in the cutest sort of way! Finally I said, "I'll be there in 284 miles, can you make time for me?" The reaction was priceless. And I said, "DUH Did you really think I wouldn't come home for your 50th bday?!" She is the best. We hooted and hollered and planned the day. I floored it in my new little toy and made record time (um, ignore that mom....)

Wednesday night, the actual bday, was hilarious. The "Magistrate," yet another apparent alter ego, showed up for some pool playing and jocularity. The Magistrate created new pool rules, all in favor of the birthday girl. K, the "Jr Magistrate" came up with equally hilarious rules, including making strange boys curtesy when making good shots. (Makes you wonder about the general intelligence of the human race...). Anyway, had a blast with the sissies and my nephew and bro-in-law. More hilarious was my sissie J saying, "this is JUST how I wanted to spend my 50th - just my family and no big party. Thanks!" HAHA.

Thanksgiving day was also a blast - -played tons of games with the nieces and nephew and fam - poker, spoons, computers. here's some photos, (I hope)




K, B and Ch intent on their Nintendo DS playing - all on line drawing pictures against each other
TJ carving away at poor Tom
M and S in the kitchen - hopefully M will not poison anyone this year....

Gram and her friend (and all our friend) J - open your eyes, J, we're really not that bad!!!





Grandpa waits in line for his turn at the food - how did he end up at the end of the line anyway?!



Friday I was vice president in charge of keeping J away from K's house and Gram's house while they made food for the big party. We went shopping (Yes on Black friday). We encountered NO LINES anywhere. How strange. Finally K told J that we "had" to go to kareoke to see Liz and Desiree. I said, "Well I guess I'll go, but I'm driving myself b/c I'm very tired and I'm not staying long." Too funny. J was so surprised at her party, we were taking her picture coming in and she was like, 'Hey why are you taking my photo?!"



HUH? What's the big deal?


SISTERS!



They do good work, ya think?!

Old Friends....

You'll have to ask TJ about this one....nice sash momma...

No, don't ask me why all the photos look blue. I couldn't tell you. But my nephew B who has a gorgeous new digital could probably tell you.

Yes, a good time was had by all. She was surprised. We all had fun. It was good to be home. Strange to be alone, but nice to see everyone.

Now we are in the whirlwind called "the Holidays." Trees are starting to go up, decorations coming out. My favorite time of year, despite the madness, the change, the challenges.

No comments: