Sunday, November 04, 2007
Magic in the Night
Tonight is (was) daylight savings and this year I actually got to experience the "fall back" thing live rather than in my sleep. I spent most of today buying cars when I needed to be working, so I ended up working through the night. Around 1:30 a.m. I got sleepy, so I set my clock back to 12:30 a.m. to trick myself into thinking it was earlier than it was. Yes, sometimes I am a simpleton, and I fall for easy mindgames. I decided not to touch either of my computer clocks b/c they were supposed to fix themselves. Well, around 2:50 I noticed that it was only 1:50. Magic. Reliving the hour I just lived - strange to think about time, moving forward then jumping back. Even if it is truly just a mechanism of man and not really the changing of time. And now it's closing in on 5am which is really 6am, or is it really 5am because that's where we started years ago? I don't know, but I missed the window of opportunity for sleep, so I think I'll just stay up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment