Sitting in my work office, with the whole team here for yet another filing (remember, 5 briefs, 2 weeks. this is only brief #2) and I look out the window. AND IT'S RAINING. Now why is that such a big deal you ask? Because the forecast didn't call for rain. So I drove the "no rain" car. And it's going to get rained on! Oh no!
Why is this a problem? Because when I bought the 2 cars this weekend, one for practical purposes, for teaching kids to drive, for hauling kids, for bad weather, and one for completely silly and outrageous reasons, I decided that the silly car would only be an "occasional use" car. No soccer cleats, NO EATING, no long trips, no dirty people of any kind, and NO RAIN. So I checked the forecast this morning and they said rain starting tomorrow. THEY LIED.
OH well, I guess the new baby will get wet. And dirty. Yuck. At least it's not SNOW like my northern mid-western cousins are getting! http://www.merrylandofoz.blogspot.com/ Tomorrow for sure the Truck goes to work!
For the record, SH was thrilled not only with the fun car, but also with the Honda Pilot (both are used cars) that she and Au will ultimately drive. I am glad she wasn't disappointed getting into the Pilot after cruising around in the EOS all day. Au hasn't really seen them yet - I hope he will like them. I'm sure he'll declare the EOS a chick car, which it probably is. And the Pilot? No nav so he won't like it (Hey the EOS has nav, if I can only figure it out!). But maybe when he starts to drive he'll appreciate the Pilot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Remind Au that if he does not like the Pilot (which he shold like), he is free to get a job and buy his own. Great car choices BTW.
yeah, I'm sure he'll love it. actually he called my EOS "tight" (the highest teen compliment) but admitted he wouldnt' be seen driving a baby blue car. But he climbed in the pilot (asked if it were new! Nice compliment for 44,000 miles) and declared it "tight" as well. So I think I scored a 2 run homer here...
All together now:
Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day!
(When MEH isn't driving the wrong car).
And yeah, tell Au that wheels are wheels...
Post a Comment