Remember back nearly a year ago : Himes Gang: Confessions of an Addict? Well, the addiction continues. I walked through the door last night and Sh was on the couch watching the latest DVD we bought together - Season 6 of the Gilmore Girls. I had missed much of it as she watched it in the car to and from the lake while her dad drove. But I was able to keep up (with slight narration from Sh). We got to the last disc and the last storyline - and you won't believe it. Lorelei broke up with Luke and stayed with Christopher for a "slumberparty" (Hey I try to keep it G-rated....). And that was the end of the Season! Oh no!! What to do? Sh asked for Season 7 (the final season, sniff sniff) for Christmas. I looked at her and said, "we have to wait a MONTH to find out what happens." We looked at each other again, decided it was only 6:30pm...Target's just around the corner. Maybe I could get her an early Christmas present.
Oh yes, we did.
Grabbed Season 7 off the shelf (on sale even!), ran through the check out (the guy thought we were nuts) and hurried home. Yes, indeed, Luke is out. Christopher is in. Logan has moved to London, leaving a sad Rory behind. Luke's daughter has moved in with him, Tj and Sarah are having a baby, and on and on. The second best part is the constant stream of sarcastic jokes that come flying out of Lorelei's mouth. She is truly hilarious.
The best part is the song that Sh and I sing to each other at the start of every episode, "If you're out on the road. Feeling lonely and so cold. All you have to do is call my name and I'll be there, on the next train. Where you lead, I will follow - Anywhere that you tell me to. If you need, you need me to be with you I will follow where you lead. " I hope she knows that I mean it when I sing that to her...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! You crack me up. I remember being So Very Mad at the end of Season six (which I watched in real time), I decided not to buy the last two seasons on DVD and just pretend things had ended with Season 5's proposal.
Hang in there, though. The rest of S7 has some nice moments.
Post a Comment