Friday, February 01, 2008

Miracles DO Happen

Yes I cannot understand it other than to say it is the power of Prayer and a true Miracle. Mother has made miraculous improvements. Maybe some in the family expected it. Having not seen her every day and just through the reports, I have to say that by Tuesday I was not hopeful. Shame on Me!!!

Wednesday morning mother woke up and started asking for family. Yesterday she started eating food (she hadn't been able to swallow in over a week). She kept Dad and me entertained with her snappy answers as we worked her brain and her limbs to stimulate recovery. Today she left the hospital and is headed for a great Rehab facility where they will continue to work with her.

Oh she has a lot of work ahead of her. But at least there is hope. Big Big thanks to the many folks out there praying. And there are a lot of you. I can't help but think of the scene from "it's a wonderful life" where all the prayers go up for Jimmy Stewart and heaven is put on alert. Heaven's phones were ringing off the hook with the prayers from all over the country for Mother. And I do believe it makes a difference.

Don't give up - keep her and dad on the list! But so far, so good. Praise God Indeed.

3 comments:

JO said...

Thank you Lord for prayers answered through the intervention of your Sacred Heart!

Way to Go Mrs. Himes and the entire Himes gang! Keep up the progress and I will keep up the prayers!

Indeed MEH...He is good!

Carol P. said...

Wonderful news!

Paranoid said...

Oh, M.E., I'm so glad she's doing better. You and your family have been on my mind constantly this week. I'll keep hoping that she continues to improve.