Monday, February 11, 2008

Time Marches On

Nearly 2 weeks pass - so much has happened and so little. Mother has moved on to Rehab where she makes slow progress. Lots of family issues to deal with. Trying not to step on toes and trying to be helpful where needed and butt out where not needed. That's just interesting sometimes. Learning just to listen and not to speak much - that's a new one for me! Hoping that I'm helping on some level.

And the kids - they are so funny. I am still at work (yep Carol P still learning that balancing act. Be sure to let me know if you figure it out!) but if I remember when I get home, I'll post the SuperDog photos. It all started with laundry....

Sorting the clean laundry (the kids are great about jumping in and helping - laundry has become a group project, particularly after Au asked to be taught how to do it! No this is not a hoax!) and what do I find in the clean pile but a Superman cape. A homemade variety - an old t-shirt cut out, neck intact, front missing, "S" on the back. Quite funny actually. So I show it to Au (it's clearly his handiwork) and he jubilantly exclaims, "You found my Cape!" Ok, this kid is 15 - should I be worried? He tells me that one day he was bored so he made the cape and ran around the house. Recently? I think so. Why? "Just because." The things that pop in this kid's head are too funny. So of course the Dog inherited the cape and of course I had to take pictures of SuperDog in her SuperBed looking Superconfused and SuperBored with our antics.

Au is SuperFunny.

No comments: