Thursday, February 21, 2008

Be prepared

Preparing for the snow. or ice. or rain. or all of the above. Batoning down the hatches matey. Here we go for some "weather." Seems at midnight we get snow. then sometime in the day it will turn to rain. or freezing rain. or ice. or more snow. Who knows. So the kids are doing their homework in case it happens to turn to nothing (lessons learned the hard way). And then the fun begins: doing the snow dance, wearing our pjs inside out, and lots of prayer for a 3 day weekend. Meanwhile, I am bringing in firewood, b/c if we get the 1/4 inch of ice predicted, we will lose power among the trees and lose heat. and I bought batteries for flashlights. SH high-fived me when I got home from the grocery store with my bread, milk, TP, and batteries. Oh plus what's a snow storm without hot fudge sundaes and lots of comfort food. Yep. Might get my "weather" after all.

I can't wait for my conference in Miami next week. Sadly a week too late to miss this lovely "weather."

1 comment:

JO said...

Soooooo...are ya iced up??