Chessie takes stock: Peat Moss? Check. Top Soil? check. flower boxes? Check. superwave Petunias? Rose food? check. Potting Soil? Check. Rose bushes? Check. Shovels, picks, cutters? Check check check. Hmmm, ma'am you seem to be missing the most tool - WHERE'S MY BALL??!!
Au came out to help dig the holes for the rose bushes, then did the mulching. He is extremely helpful!
K & Au hoisted the flower boxes up to the catwalk, then I walked around up there (apparently I am part cat?!) and positioned them, with my directors calling out from below. I guess I wasn't supposed to water the flowers until they were up there - my helpers got slightly soaked in the process, not to mention the boxes were a little heavy. Ooops. Well, I am blonde!
The almost finished result -we still have a few spots to fill in. But in the past 2 weeks we've hacked the azaleas, planted roses, mulched, planted flower boxes, moved previously planted flowers, hung a planter on the light post - we're getting there. We need a couple big planters by the front door, need to paint the front door (now that you can see it), and add another rose bush. And something has to go in the corner where we dug out an ugly bush, but it needs to be hearty. not sure what yet. Feeding my plants might be a good idea, too. They're kind of small this year. Probably from neglect!
1 comment:
Beautiful my dear cousin!
Post a Comment