Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Wonderful Surprise

Got a call from an old friend, we used to be real close.... oh wait, that's Billy joel. probably copyright issues there. Maybe I should consult an IP attorney. Oh wait, I am one.HA

Anyway, phone rang Tuesday and who should be on the line but none other than DF!!!! My long lost cousin and fellow blogger!!! He was in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by. OF course the answer was yes. Sadly, I put a very tired K on the phone, who gave DF directions to get to K's job instead of getting home - oops - but traveller that he is, DF quickly figured it out and was back in this direction in no time. DF still looks like the same, young, funny DF. I cannot believe he has possibly hit the 5-0 mark. He looks just as he did when we played hit the bat in pop's back yard. We had a lovely visit - he refrained from making me laugh too hard b/c of some recent elective procedure I had done that makes it hurt to laugh this week. (PLEASE no panicking out there - I am fine fine fine and it was truly elective and I am returning to "normal" quickly), I was sad He could not stay longer - overnight even (although the guest room, as well as the rest of the house, is still littered with debris as we continue to try to finish up the basement project!). DF got to see K's scrapbook entitled "this old house" so that he could see how far we've come. He regaled me with amazing stories of his incredible wife and the difficult improvements the two of them have made to their home. Around here it's pretty much the K&A show. Sometimes SH gets to paint. Sometimes I get to voice an opinion. Mostly the Boys just Get It Done (t0 which I am eternally grateful).

Also sadly Sh had a concert at school, so K and SH had to disappear about the moment D arrived, but in a funny way that worked out, too. That left us alone to have some good ol' family conversations.

I am still smiling remembering his visit and hopeful that the trade winds will blow him our way again soon. And I am duly impressed with his girls - it's one thing to read about them on the blog, still another to be able to grill him for details on these programs and hear what truly amazing feats they are accomplishing. He and K have done a fabulous job. Not that I ever had any doubts. They are simply fabulous people!

Nice to be able to count your blessings and enjoy the unexpected surprises life blows your way....

No comments: