Thursday, May 03, 2007

Is it really MAY already??

How did it get to be May already? Lots will happen this month - end of school for the kiddies, crazy deadlines at work, Sh's soccer tourney at the beach where we'll get to see Uncle G and fam, and untold adventures to behold.

I love summer, and around here May is getting close to summer. The temps warm up to the 80's, the grass is green, the flowers planted, it is a lovely time. Makes me wish it were so wonderful year 'round (leading me further into my desire to live south...I'll just keep dreaming).

Still haven't figured out the kid thing for the summer, but ideas are coming through. If they show up on your doorstep with a bag, consider yourself warned.... ;-)

7 comments:

JO said...

The Oz door is always open to kids who have been shipped off by their parents for their summer.

Warning though..we ship kids out too...you may come home from work one evening and see the chubby cheeked King running around your front yard "Paying soccer"...with the Cadet limping around after him! (or your kids could find themselves enrolled in Military School with the Cadet if they head here!)

I too can't believe it is May. Heck...tomorrow is the Derby?! When did that happen?!

meh said...

We could easily spoil the King rotten - of course, I'm not sure I have the energy to match his anymore. We could put him on the trampoline until he exhausts himself (it has a "cage")!!

Carol P. said...

I'm always happy to have folks trek out to Oregon. Next year,I might be looking to hire one for summer-sitting or something, maybe one is looking for a job???

Oregon is still firmly in the grasp of our long, slow, cool spring. High today is about 58 or so. Showers and sunbreaks and iceballs. Wonderful, AFAIC. We'll start getting the occasional day in the 70s now, and typically there are plenty more days of long-sleeves and long pants up through mid-June at least.

Supposed to get into the 60s and maybe 70s this weekend. I'm hoping for no rain, as it Girl Scout spring campout weekend for our local group of Girl Scout troops. A little rain is OK, a deluge is not. BTDT, and had the girl who didn't bring any raingear at all.

Lucky S and E get to stay home, because it could be kind of chilly...

Enjoy spring!

JO said...

Trampoline and cage...sad to say are no MATCH for the King...his energy far outlasts them.....until nap time at 12:30 that is....LOL!

meh said...

I mentioned to Sh her Oregon 2nd cousins and babysitting for the summer. She said it sounded awesome (especially after I described your adorable girls from what I've learned on the blog). Of course, next summer she still won't be driving, so she thought that might be a problem for you. And she'd need to be back here in August for soccer. But she was interested!

JO said...

Hey wait.....I have an adorable (almost..on sunday!) three year old! And I am a LOT closer to home for visits! And I have....

sigh...foiled by 3 cute west coast girls.

meh said...

Hmm, You can have A - he can babysit the boy (he's actually quite good at it) and Sh can take the girls and ME, well, I'll enjoy the summer. Hee hee