MVA was much easier than I thought. I was prepared for 3 hours, but it only took us 1.5 hours. Not so bad.
Then they drove. Yes, I let them drive.

Au went first (taken with my cell phone! And no I didn't talk on the phone, text or blackberry while they were driving. And I only hit my imaginary brake a couple times....)
and they drove along a back road behind the MVA for a while. When comfortable, we spread out, eventually going on a 4 lane road (remember where we live nearly every road is at least 4 lanes, and just outside our neighborhood, all roads are 6 lane). Au said, "I will never need Starbucks again. I am so nervous I am wide awake." He did GREAT, not even a scare. Drove for about 40 minutes, then backed the truck into a parking spot at Home Depot! Wow. (Yes and empty spot with empty spots all around). He took us back to where he started and Sh took over.
She did equally as well, amazing me. She did the same progression, then even stopped at the gas station and she pumped some gas! Train 'em up early how to keep gas in that tank. Yes I supervised all the way.

Cute how they wore the same color shirt, eh? (Sh was mortified to discover this at MVA...)
Then I let Sh take us all the way home. It was a little nerve-wracking as she kind of liked to get close to the side of the road. I only had to shout out "curb!!!" once, and I thought sure we were going to wipe out a mailbox in our neighborhood. But overall she was awesome.
40 minutes each down, 59 hours 20 minutes to go until January 28 when they can get their real license...
OH and props for mom. They both said, "You give good directions. You're a good teacher."
Smiles!
2 comments:
Congrats to Sh and Au! Valium comes in 6 packs for you though. Patience is good, and both kids are very good. Once they get a few local miles under their belt, you need to let them help you drive to CT. That is a way to get some big time miles/hours logged.
Wow! They do grow up fast, don't they!
Lemme know how you keep your sanity, because if yours are there, my oldest must be just around the corner, for all she's only turning 12 in a couple of weeks.
And congrats to Au and Sh!
Post a Comment