Whew. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Or maybe it has only been a week. A new puppy. A leak in the ceiling (what's a little rain in the living room on the hardwood floors anyway??). cranky cars. Etc.
Have patience. Trust in the Lord. Slow Deep Breaths. And it all works out.
Someone called about the convertible today. No I don't really want to sell it. I love that car. But I don't trust the roof. That hard top convertible is a lot of moving parts. I think I could sell it for a decent price (I got a ridiculous amount for my "trade in" so I think I could come out waaaaaay ahead on this deal) then buy myself a more "sensible" convertible either over the winter (best time to buy a convertible) or next spring. Yes, it will be a convertible. Once you own one, you must always own one. I have the kids' "truck" (honda SUV) for sensible adventures. So if I sell the convertible for a decent price, I put myself waaaay into the black and wait out a new car. Sigh I do love that car. It's so cute. But sometimes being a grown up means being sensible. Ugh.
The insurance adjuster came on my leaky rainforesty living room. Suffice it to say she "totaled" my living room and dining room hardwood floors (thank goodness she realized they were one big continuous thing b/c I never thought about it) as well as totaled my rug. And the ceiling repair. In reality, I will likely not go through all that trouble. You have to look really hard to see the water mark in the living room floor. But let them pay for it so that I can use the money to repair the serious issue - the issue that has plagued this house for years - the chimney/office leak.
And then Patrick showed up - Bossman's full time handy man and all around sweet guy. He is a doll. He quickly diagnosed the problem causing the leaky rainforesty living room (a faulty stem in the kids' bathroom - and some tape cleared it up). But he said in the event it's something more (um I think we diagnosed it as a catwalk problem 2 weeks ago, so I am a bit of a skeptic....), he will come back. We have a game plan and a handyman on call. Love it. Patrick wouldn't take any money, which ticked me off. Says Bossman is the Equivalent of a brother which makes me family, but I told him if he fixes the chimney problem he totally gets overpaid!! He has a great idea for solving that problem. He will work me in to his busy schedule. So now I have an awesome quasi-family member/handyman who actually knows what he's doing. I've seen his craftsmanship at Bossman's many houses and know the man can do plumbing/sheetrock/carpentry/painting/tile. Problem solved.
We took Lorelai to the vet today and she was declared an "Awesomely good dog." Vet says she has no problems in joints, eyes, etc. Said for a Jack Russell she is amazingly calm. And said he could tell by her demeanor that she's really good. Another $200 invested and we were on our way. This is the most expensive birthday present ever! Oh that's right. She's adorable. And worth it. And Sh is so happy and so responsible, what's a few hundred dollars???!!! Yeah. Please don't tell Au what this is costing me. I don't think I can afford whatever he will come up with in comparison for his birthday present!!!
and my mechanic is on call to fix the Honda truck. Says the light blinking is likely nothing and it just needs the normal maintenance. He will fix it, it's under warranty, and he will work me into his schedule. So all is good there.
And in the big picture of life, Mom's leg seems to be healing, nephew got a new job, niece landed a plumb teaching job, sister is having an awesome vacation, and all are well. Counting my blessings here...
In the grand scheme of things, it is all good. Looking forward to a lovely weekend with friends. Can't wait!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad things are looking up!
All shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be well.
I remind myself of this very frequently. Both before and after I spaz out.
(Wait, does saying "spaz out" date me??)
Anyway, glad things are going in a good direction for you.
Post a Comment