Wow how does it get so late? I guess because we are cramming so much good stuff into a day around here!
Today is a very special day in the Himes Gang - Pop's birthday! (Also Uncle E's bday donchaknow - but I'm just a tad partial to POP!). Pop has had a lot i.e. a ton i.e. bushels and bushels - of challenges in his life this past year. As you know, Mother took a tumble earlier this year and Pop has been by her side every day ever since, working her back to health. OH yes, he has lots of helpers, not the least of which is his own daughter KL, but it's Pop who is there most of the time. It's a challenge and a blessing all in one. He is a trooper and a wonderful man, full of love. Tonight the kids and I popped over to see Pop after soccer (what else). We brought him a friend - Lorelai! He insists on calling her "Lori" b/c he says her name is too big for her. Funny (and probably true but he just doesn't get the whole Gilmore Girls thing anyway!) He played with her, gave her the treats we brought (all good dogs know that Pop always has treats in his pockets! Lorelai must learn this, too!), and then she napped on his lap. The perfect pair. It was good to see him and Mother - both doing so much better than yesterday.
Yeah Yesterday was a challenge. Not one of the better days in their life. Mother's roller coaster ride reminds me how fragile the body is - get one thing out of whack (like get a little dehydrated) and boy your whole brain and sense of everything gets all topsy turvy and tossed right out the window. I am just glad that I am close enough to be able to help, and I'm glad that Mother will respond to me. Today they had a good day, had dinner with Aunt K & Uncle J, and good cake that Aunt K made - I was going to make it but she beat me to it and didn't get my message in time. But after last night's emergency, I am thinking this was exactly the way it was supposed to work out! Not to mention the fact that her cake is so waaaaaay better than anything I could try to make. And we got to eat some anyway. Timing is everything.
And yes back to the soccer field tonight. I never tire of watching soccer particularly when SH is out on the pitch. She scored a number of goals tonight and had a number of assists. Just when I think she is as good as it gets, she gets better and takes another trick out of her locker.
So not a lot of posting going on between work and home and dogs and etc. But fun times are happening, to be sure.
We should have a special guest visiting this weekend, so if it comes to pass I will take photos and post about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy B'Day FIL (AKA Pop).
Post a Comment