So apparently I have ticked off the powers that be (well the POWER that be seeing as there is but one God). First my flight was delayed so we landed late, meaning Hertz gave away my car. No name on the Gold Board. So they offer to upgrade me to a full size which means I'll only back it into something. I only drive small cars. "How about a convertible for the same price?" OK don't laugh. All they had was a convertible PT Cruiser. It was that or a big impala that I could run into things. I took the cruiser. It has to be the most ridiculous car ever. The radio gets no reception. It has Sirius but it doesn't work (yes I even read the directions).
So I check into the hotel where I always stay where I always have a fabulous room overlooking the water with a nice balcony. NOPE I am overlooking the parking lot with no balcony and the tiniest room ever. OK so I'm not in the room much anyway so who cares.
Now because I arrive late I don't have hours in between my flight and my colleague's flight, so I realize when I get to the hotel that I have time to check in, grab a FAST bite and run back to the airport 33 miles away. My bad I should've waited for him at the airport. DUH. One high note - awesome dinner. "Sliders" - made with filet Mignon and asiago cheese. Nirvana, particularly when it dawns on me at 9pm that I have forgotten to eat today, which would explain the extreme crabbiness (well I can use that as an excuse anyway).
So I high tail it back to the airport - only to hit TRAFFIC at 10pm! 2 lanes of the high way closed. I sit in traffic for 45 minutes and am not 1/2 way to the airport when the colleague calls to be picked up. I just laughed. He said "Turn around; I'll catch a cab." THANKS! Great idea. So I did.
But we still have to meet to discuss our meeting today so by the time he gets in it's 1130 and we meet til 1230 after which I still have a report to finish. I fall asleep at the computer at 2am. Up at 6 to try again.
Hmmmm let's hope today is a better day!! At least I am here, safe and one day closer to VACA!!
Wonder what the kids are doing? Sleeping at this hour I am SURE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Be careful or Parinoid Peg or Worrisome Willie will call and telly not to burn the candle at both ends. Here is to wearing out before rusting out!
I always dream of announcing that I'm going on vacation a week before I actually do. That way, I shake out all the "Gotta do this NOW! before you go!" stuff and have a week to coast before I really leave. I am convinced that vacations are magnets for Murphy's law incidents.
I've never had the guts to actually try it though...
Hang in there!
Post a Comment