Just a few more crazy hours of work today - trying to get 10 hours of tasks done in 5 hours. Then off to Ft. Lauderdale where I will hopefully be ready for the client. and then - can it be - dare I say it - vacation. 8 glorious days unhooked from the office. No Crackberry. No Cell Phone. No emails. No documents to review. No bothersome attorneys from opposing counsel whining about what a stinky job I'm doing of killing myself. Just water and beaches and fun with the kids.
Took some time out last night to see the Nationals play baseball. Our firm sponsors a night every year, and we go to a picnic and the game. Of course, both K and I were too busy to leave early so we all missed the picnic part. And Sh and I don't really like baseball, so we spent the 3 or 4 innings we stayed chit chatting about boys and music and the cruise and boys and friends and boys. Um, yep she must be nearing 15. Great that she'll talk to me. We left the game early so that I could go home and help her "pack." We shared my IPOD on the metro home, and she had free reign to choose songs (we share an iTunes library). She hates Jim Morris and Bruce Springsteen, my 2 favorites, but she knows the songs we both love. Started with "Hey There Delilah" then on to country music. We giggled our way back to my office, doing silly dances in Metro Center waiting 14 minutes for the next train (a really long time). The Current Mr. Potato-Head called, so I had to do embarassing dances and lip sync by myself while she tried to have a cool conversation with the boy. She pretended not to know me, but everyone knows she looks just like me! We picked up my car and rocked out with the top down to whatever she could find on the radio. The boys came home a couple hours later - the Nats really stink, so most people left early. Au said they snuck down to the lower level and sat right behind home plate. He and K love baseball, so I'm glad they went and stayed, and we were able to leave early. Everybody's happy!
Sigh back to legal research and getting those last minute crazy things done. Let's hope there's no new fires today....I'm about out of extinguishers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment