Thursday, January 25, 2007

Time Out for some Pirates

Boss Man scored major points - hooked us up Wednesday night with some very good friends of his whom he's known forever. These very good friends just happen to live here in Miami and just happen to have boats and happen to be very fun people. So fun that they let us go sailing with them! Yes, we settled the case, scrambled to close the deal, then jumped on the boat for a bit of night sailing. (I have never seen Boss Man move so quickly - apparently sailing and old friends equals warp speed...). We didn't get started til dark, but the night was bright. The Boss Man and his friends like to pretend they are pirates when they are together - ho ho ho and a bottle of rum - and they are all quite hilarious. The night could not have been more perfect - just the right amount of wind for sailing - doing 4.5 knots with just a jenny - warm breezes, not hot, not cold. Boats drinks and snacks, and, of course, lots of Buffett music completed the perfect picture. They welcomed the Boss Man's "law posse" and made us honorary pirates - even J who showed up in khakis and a pink dress shirt (nicely pressed) to go sailing. A boat drink and the helm converted him quickly enough into a well-dressed pirate (and I'm happy to report I actually taught him how to sail - which goes to show how little he knew because I don't really know all that much about it!!) . Oh and when Law Posse T ran us aground? No worries - the experienced Pirates had us off in a Jiff, with nary a negative comment. Just lots of jokes and ribbing that T will not soon live down.

aaahhhhh to be back there. I am finally home after a long, long Thursday of trying to get here. I canceled my first flight when it was clear that between "settlement" developments and other cases that required immediate attention, I would not make the first flight. I was 3 minutes "late" for my second flight - i.e. 42 minutes prior to take off - so they wouldn't let me on the plane. The third flight was delayed an hour. So I went from "pick you up at school, Kids" to "Hey maybe I'll see you before you're asleep." Oh, and it's 20 degrees here - if we're lucky.

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I were sailing again." Jimmy Buffett

Fins Up my Pirate Friends - until we meet again.

1 comment:

DF said...

Glad to see you are home, back in the cocoon. I hope the sailing was as fun as it sounded.