Well, no, the hockey game isn't really on - you'll have to go see Cousin J for that - just another Buffett song still stuck in my head. I managed to find the office this morning after 10 days gone, and we're back in a routine. Just sorry that the "routine" must include biting winds giving us a total of 6 degrees. Who turned off the heat??!! Yes, we've been spoiled this year by a spring-like winter. I really could move south in a heartbeat. Just another trait of my mother's I find in myself that gets stronger every year...
Kids were happy to have me home. SH and I watched a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls. It felt good to hang with her. Unfortunately, A and I got into a battle over homework, extra-cirriculars, and building a "resume" for college apps. How can a child who has so much to offer the world not care one whit about his future? Oh wait, he's a teenager, that's right. And go ahead and try to tell me there's no difference in boys and girls, and I will vehemently disagree. Sh "gets" the whole resume thing - does her homework without being asked, organizes herself daily, manages the multiple-friends in multiple-schools thing, plays sports and joins clubs. Her brother is equally talented in all areas but has decided that he just wants to "hang out." I've tried incentives, punishment, ignoring it, encouraging it. Last night I lost patience, and we tried yelling. oops. His resume and his future doesn't interest him, but he's already lobbying for the "safe car" he thinks we should buy them when they are old enough to drive. Where in the heck did he get the idea that I'm ever buying him a car??!!! Oh, that's right, he's a teenager...How did my mother survive 5 of us???!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment