So I'm thinking that if I don't use my bed very much I should get a discount on the room. Sunday night i napped for 18 minutes on top of the bed - maid didn't even have to do a thing. And, well, I'm still up tonight...waiting for room service to deliver dinner. I should probably go to bed without dinner, but I have been averaging one real meal a day (dinner, somewhere between 11 and 3 am) so I'm going to wait for room service. Oh yeah, what a glamorous job I have. I'm still trying to figure out why I'm here....
Meanwhile back at home, Pop has fallen and broken his leg. Add to the normal guilt associated with being away the fact that I am of no assistance to the man who helps me every single day. I finally told Boss Man tonight that when we get home I really really must go back to my true part-time hours. I have to leave at 3 to pick up the kids. Boss man is very supportive, but also having a heart attack because the work keeps coming.
I miss my kids, I miss my dog, I miss sleeping and eating normal food. For some reason I am watching the state of the union while I type this - did I miss that tonight? California could have fallen in the ocean and I would be clueless. What a very strange world in which I live lately...
one funny thing did come out of this trip. We were coming back from Kinko's at 6 a.m. after compiling exhibits all night. We were lost. really lost. Suddenly J gets a brilliant idea - I can see he's decided he has a direction, makes a turn, and is driving with purpose. I ask, "Where are you going??" He says, "See all these people driving fast - they are going to work. If we follow them, we will find the city." We laughed so hard we cried when the person in front of us soon turned into his driveway. But ultimately we found our hotel - in time to take a shower and go to Court. Yeah - follow the people driving fast. Uh-huh. Great idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here's hoping your schedule gets back on track... I understand! (And sometimes that's enough...)
Hang in there, and if you can find the secret to keeping a part time schedule during crunch time, do tell...
I have been in your part time hotel use and unfortunately for me, they've never discounted the room for me.
It is exciting though.
Post a Comment