Wonderful to feel human again - felt fine by Friday night. Just in time for the weekend. And a glorious weekend it was. Time to see Jim Morris with my friend Jenny out at the Jetty. Time for A's team to put another "W" in the win/loss column for baseball. Time for impromptu cookouts with friends in the backyard. Time to starting digging in the "gardens" and planning those annuals. Lots of work to do. Summer is coming!
The Disney Girl has returned - with hilarious stories, lots of presents, and a big ol' Bronze trophy for the team! Don't know if it was 20 teams, 50 teams or 80 teams competing - I think somewhere around 50 is probably accurate. They came in 3rd. Pretty awesome. She says she stayed away from the "drama" and just had fun with her friends. Brought home some great presents for everyone, too. Always the thoughtful child.
I think the brother is happy to have her home - missed her although he won't admit it. And vice versa. I think there were at least 5 phone calls a day between them. I had to get my info second hand. Too cute for words if you ask me.
Just 14 school days, then 4 days of exams, then they are out for the summer! Where did the year go? And what am I going to do with them this summer??!!! Any takers??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You could always send 'em down to NC. I'm sure there are many, many babysitting (um, I mean enrichment) opportunities down here.
Only if you promise to KEEP them through this "fighting" stage (which has lasted a couple years so far....)
I know a cadet who would be willing to share his summer fun with them!
Post a Comment