Well, it's been quite a while. Seems I have lost the charger to the camera, meaning I cannot take more photos nor can I download the ones I have. I'm fairly certain I left it at mom's, but she can't find it. I've looked on the internet and on ebay, but to no avail. Not sure where to go from here. a gazillion dollars worth of photography equipment, dead by battery.
SO the stories that don't get shared are "Biscuit's Visit" - the tail of the hairless terrier we babysat a few weeks ago. Biscuit is a boy . Our dog is a girl. Biscuit weighs about 5 pounds. Our dog is 80 pounds. biscuit is young and frisky. Our dog is not. So Buscuit gets a little crazy with our dog, who finally reaches around and snaps, taking the end of Biscuit's ear off (did you know that dog ears bleed a REALLY long time and when they shake their heads blood goes everywhere??!!!) Fortunately, Biscuit's parents did not blame us. I took photos of Buiscuit with his ear taped to his head (so that when he shakes, "no blood." - I have a GREAT vet.)
Nor do you get "Springtime at the H's" our trees are in bloom and let me tell you, the neighborhood is GORGEOUS. we Have cherry trees everywhere - white, pink, think, thin, early blooms, late blooms. Every year around this time I remember why I LOVE living here. It is spectatular. A Canopy of blooms lines our street. Siiiggggghh.
I couldn't even take photos of easter. Seems the Easter Bunny does continue to visit certain high school kids, even if they forget to color eggs. Easter bunny was a bit sneakier this year. Not certain all eggs have been found....
Then there's the Torn Ligaments story - yours truly is side-lined for at least 4 weeks recovering from her torn ligaments in her ankle. Last night in NYC I saw a GREAT show called "Avenue Q" (a spoof on Sesame Street) and the story line/song, "It sucks to be me" just fits right now. I start physical therapy tuesday. It's really not a bad injury at all - especially considering my teammates actually HEARD the 3 pops that my ankle made when I went down. (Hey, I got the pass off before I went down - "snaps for me" (think "Legally Blonde")). So I have a beautiful lace up ankle boot that I'm suposed to wear - except when I have adorable pink open-toe heels shoes with white polka dots that match my pink spring suit perfectly .... Yeah, I paid for that dumb shoe day. But the client actually noticed my adorable shoes and commented, so maybe it was worth it??!!
Yeah, the client is in Ft lauderdale, so while my family was being pummeled with freezing, hurricane winds and stinky stinky "ark alert" rain, I was in sunny FLA in a rented convertible (hey it's what I drive at home, so I deserve one on the road, right?!), enjoying myself in 80 degrees. Yes I did say enjoying myself. The work wasn't the "all night 20 hour" variety. I was able to meet with other prospective clients as well as connect with my boss's prospective clients and do some field work for him - lots of nice dinners and such. Nothing too terrible - they were actually all very nice people.
And then there was NYC. Yes, the sissies and I finally had our "weekend getaway." We walked. And walked. And walked. then cabbed, and subwayed. Saw THE FUNNIEST show on Broadway - Avenue Q. DO NOT TAKE THE KIDS. No way. but funny "this is life and it is hard" comedy, most definitely. So to support the AIDS research they advocated after the show, we bought "It sucks to me be" pins (SH says: "So Emo Mom") - the money will go to aids research. And I now have the MOST valuable "talk starter" in the business. We went "clubbing" after the show - went to GasLight in NYC in the "meat packing district", idea courtesy of our mait're'd (don't even ask me to spell that) at the most incredible italian restaurant ever called "Salute." (On the corner of Madison and 39th - TRY IT!). So Giovanni sends us to Gas Light. Thank goodness I was "smart" enough to ask for the name of the owner of GasLight and his cell phone number. We walked in to a very crowded Gas Light like we owned the place - asked for the owner, were ushered to a private lounging area and brought complementary drinks (yes, all before meeting the man - apparently Giovanni is a really good friend). Anyway, Mr. Gaslight falls in love with my sister's eyes (hey they're Topaz and completely Natch - and she's cute and funny to boot) and comps our bill all night. He was lots of fun and introduced us to lots of interesting people. Mr. Gaslight is handsome, 40+ and single, Irish, funny, (for all you single girls out there) clearly smart enough as he's kept an eating/drinking establishment open 12 years in competitive NYC. SOOO if you're ever in NY, go to Gaslight 2 (the smaller of the 2 establishments, for the 30+ crowd) in the Meat packing district, 14th and 9th., and tell them "the three sisters in the pink shirts with the 'sucks to be me' buttons' sent me," and you'll have a blast. Ray is the bouncer, I'll give you that name. Great guy. Lucky wife and 3 kids at home (hey, we're chatty people - especially Topaz eyes girl - she came home with everyone's life stories, as usual!!!).
Tonight was the best of all nights - spent a nice quiet dinner with A out back while Sh was at school rehearsing for the Band trip to Disney and K is off to phoenix on business. A and I grilled out some steaks, then hit the trampoline where he taught me to do "midget flips" (from your knees - sorry that might not have been PC), flipping starting at the knees. See, with my bum ankle, i'm not sure how much stress it could take. We had fun flipping, then he taught me to play soccer in the cage - couldn't resist that. I think it was a tie. I'm ready to go again....
Sh leaves for Disney Wednesday. Lots of prep to do til then - bu then A and I will have some time together. I cut my NYC trip very short today to spend today with him. He had an AWESOME baseball game - scored, hit, great fielding plays. He should be proud. I am. And I brought home a sunburn from the field to prove it. He was so glad to see me when I pulled up from NYC 6 hours early - it was worth it!!!!!! And then some. Still, good kids.
and now I am literally falling asleep at the monitor after 3 hours of sleep. Time for bed. I'm sure new thoughts will come again someday... until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Much to catch up on, sounds like you are trying to heal. Good luck!
I know the pink shoes are adorable ... seriously...I know... but I also know (given the past four months) that if you don't do what the Doctor tells you to and you decide to push it for the sake of fashion Madame Esquire...that you will be sidelined for a heck of a lot longer than 4 weeks! Do I have to come over there and go all Mom Oz on you? I will you know....I got NO Problem with it. LOL!
Ok OK I went to PT today and the girl said, "You're wearing WHAT??" Of course, after her abuse, I was lucky to be able to walk in my sneakers, which the BossMan Immediately commented on (he's been nagging me about the heels for a week). So yes, "the stupid will be punished." I'm back in flats. Sigh....
You are now officially getting the "Evil Mom Eye" from Mama Oz....(and I am sure from your Mom too!)...
Welcome back! Is it too pathetic to say that I missed you? I've been dying to see Avenue Q for years, so I'm glad you got to go.
Hope your ankle feels better soon. If you're a good girl and do what you're told, it'll still be summer when you can wear your pink shoes again.
Post a Comment