Sh is finally on the 16 hour bus ride with her fellow band geeks (said with love) to go see Mickey and compete in the music festival at Disney. She has been bouncing off the walls for weeks, the last days being particularly unbearable. But she made her own list, had sense enough to ask me to help her pack at the end, and was very responsible about the whole thing. I know she'll use her head while she's there and generally stay out of trouble. She's one of only 6 freshman going, so I'm a little worried about that - she's in the highest band and not many freshman are. But one of A's good friends (and Sh's, too) is there, and he promised to keep an eye on her. No, I'm not worried about a romantic development there - too much like a brother (and he has a girlfriend). In fact, I've dubbed him "Pooh Bear" much to everyone's amusement. Anyway, I can't wait to hear all about it, and I hope she has a GREAT time. Silly girl was most excited about the cool pool at the hotel. She is unique.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, A and I had a nice, decadent "dinner" at Outback - ordered a blooming onion and cheese fries for dinner. So much for the 10 pounds I lost - I have a feeling a couple will be back tomorrow. It was nice to have him to myself (K is in Phoenix still). We talked about movies and music and kids and Sh - then we called her to torment her. She and Pooh Bear sounded like they had already delved deeply into the bag full of sugar we sent with them. A is being cool about not going to Disney - he knows they'll get, at most 1 1/2 days of actual fun time - they are there to compete.
Fabulous boy that he is, when we got back from dinner, A did his chores (vacuuming) and did hers - swifter the kitchen and foyer. Without being asked. He is amazing. Then he helped me unload the dishwasher without being asked. He's turning into a fine young man - can you tell I'm rather proud of him? He's trying hard for straight A's this semester, too. Not sure if he'll pull out bio and spanish - only 3 weeks left of school. But he's trying hard, and I'm very proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment