And all through the house,
the creatures were vegging
and peeping like mouses
The backpacks were strewn about
with half-packed gadgets
The mom was yelling
"that's it - I've had it!"
The uniforms dragged out
tried on and ironed straight
the socks, the shoes and belts
oh no said Son, please - WAIT
I've sponge bob to watch
one last episode of Greek
Some Guitar hero, too
Oh please it's only mid-week
ON Book covers
On name-labels
On nail polish and skin cream
On laundry
On lunches
On to bed for one last dream!
Off to bed they did saunter
with more grumbling and moans
"August should be declared
a No-School Zone!"
And I heard them exclaim
as they slouched up the stairs
"Happy Summer My Ass
It's all downhill from here!"
Yeah folks, tomorrow is the first day of school. May I say NONE of us are ready. I enjoy having the kids around for the summer. They are fun. I am not looking forward to becoming the Hilter of Homework mom, the carpool lady, the whip cracker. I think I drove 100 miles yesterday - I kid you not - just going back and forth to school THREE TIMES. Three. Count 'em. Three. For PSAT class, for soccer, for cross country. Egad. I am looking forward to them getting their full license!! Really!
OH and they drive like Champs I tell you. Drove all the way home from CT the other day. Totally amazing.
Today Sh drove the beltway completely unplanned. It just sort of happened coming home from her soccer game (where she scored TWO goals). Next thing I knew we were on the beltway! I was scared, she drove like a champ.
Good night all. You know what's coming!!!!!!!!! the annual "First day of school photos!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment