Monday, January 14, 2008

Wishing I could Capture and Post Video...

Wishing that I were as clever as my cousins who can capture and post videos. But, alas, I am techo-challenged. Once again the kids are back, as is the music and the laughter. Sh has declared "Don't go Breakin My Heart" as "our song." It started on a car trip recently. It's on Au's Ipod (I kid you not). ** And they had the Ipod plugged into the radio. So Sh and I started doing a dance routine (um yes, I was driving at the time - keeping 1 hand on the wheel mind you). And we love to sing loudly - neither of us particularly well, but both definitely with gusto.

Then we discovered the music in one of the books. And Au has hit the stage where he can pretty much sight read anything. At the same time he's hit the stage where he's willing to site read anything and entertain us. So once again, last night, Sh took out "the book" and said, 'Oh please oh please oh please play this one." I think she had one too many coffees.... But Au played it - somehow cajoled into playing it twice so that we could each have a turn with the "boy part/girl part." It truly is a cute song, and so much fun when Sh sings it.

Of course, we did other songs, too. Billy Joel and Supertramp (as covered by the GooGoo dolls) and various Pop artists. When they are not here, I don't miss some of the noise - the bickering, the stomping. But I miss the music (the kind they make, not necessarily what's coming from their dueling stereos) and the laughter. And playing with them. And watching them. And listening to their stories and their jokes. And sharing movies with them.

I suppose I must count my blessings that my teenagers allow me in to share this with them when they are here. I hear from friends that some teens who live with them full time never share such things. SO I count my blessings & enjoy them while they are here.

**Another revelation in the lives of my teens today - Au loves 90's dance music - rocked out in my car today to Gloria Estefan. Yes the same boy who loves Metallica & Queen and some alternative noise I barely tolerate. He has expressed an interest in learning Salsa with me (yeah, I have a blog story to share there, too). That boy is full of surprises!

3 comments:

DF said...

Sounds like a blast!

JO said...

LOL! Aren't kids funny??! (OH..and as far as posting videos..google video is awesome for this.. easy as pie. That is if you take a video on your camera or digital camcorder!!)

Carol P. said...

And sometimes, taking the video corrupts the experience. Or you're so focused on getting the video or the picture that you forget to be part of the scene.

It sounds like wonderful fun!