Monday, December 10, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yep, that time of year again when we play carols 24/7, eat cookies and peppermint ice cream, bring a tree into the house (so confuses the dog even after 9 years), bake cookies, shop, wrap presents, receive cards and feel guilty about not sending ours out yet, and generally enjoy each other's company.

















A Hunting We Will Go.....


We got our tree early this year, knowing that the weekends were filling up and now with "sharing" them, of even more limited ability. Fortunately, we had a perfect, sunny, if freezing cold, day. We picked out a tree in record time, all agreeing on it!!! Amazing. Never happens. Usually someone needs to be convinced. Nope, not this year. And we didn't buy one that's too big. In fact, we got it home and said, "Gee, we could've gone a little bigger." But it's pretty, and decorated, and the house is coming along. IF it ever stops raining, we'll put lights outside, too.




















YES, this ONE! See, Chessie likes it.















WHAT do you want? I'm cutting down a tree here, mom!




And it fits IN the truck (Why do I have to share with the boy and the tree?!) No, Au got in a seat belt and rode properly, don't worry Gram!




(Almost) all decorated.

3 comments:

JO said...

Impressive my Cuz. All agreed on a tree? Even Chessie? Its a Christmas Miracle. By the Way, if S makes the Honey Cookies...you now have my address via my Xmas card to send me some...right?? (Remember...we LOVE cookies and packages LOL!)

Paranoid said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's slacked on holiday cards this year.

The tree looks great -- The Boy and I really need to assemble ours one of these days...

meh said...

OMG if i had an artificial tree it would be up Nov 1. the only reason we wait so long to put up a tree is b/c it will DIE. I have grand plans of decorating the rest, but the boxes are right where I left them dec 2....I WILL decorate next week when I don't have the kids and don't have crazy hours (yeah right). Somehow by Christmas eve it all gets done.. Sigh..