FINALLY a weekend off. Really off. I did one thing I hate in order to do a few things I love. Love it? = spending time with the family (sans SH who was at the beach with her friends)
Love it? = wakeboarding and playing on the boat
Love it? = spending time at our friends' lake house
Hate it? = camping. Sorry guys. I just don't like it. Dirty, noisy camp ground with yucky bathrooms and uncomfortable sleeping arrangements in 90+ degrees. OK the campfire and the marshmellows were cool. Thanks to Au for going to the trouble. But I have pretty much agreed with K that he can take Au and his friends camping, and Sh and I will either drive down for the day or skip it all together.
And wakeboarding - we have hit new highs. FIRST Au is totally amazing on that board. he makes it look so easy - flying from "wake to wake" (meaning jumping one wake, completely crossing over the back of the boat wake and landing outside the other wake), doing ollies and spins and turns - looks like he's just walking along back there. SECOND Au's "ease" convinced mom to get out there and do more than careen wildly from one side to another, totally out of control (see last year's post on wakeboarding). First I learned some control. Then, after some trash-talking from my son, I actually got up the guts to jump the wake. Of course, first I had to do a "face plant" and give myself a screaming headache. But by the end of the day, I could jump and land the wake. It was pretty exciting. OK so maybe I did mini-jumps - nothing like the boy can do, but hey I did it. THIRD K actually got on the board and wakeboarded!!!!! Of course he was able to get right up the first time. He is a great water skier, so I had no doubts that he would do it well. He didn't try anything fancy and isn't sure he'll ever jump or do crazy stuff. He keeps reminding me that we are no longer 16 - in fact he took great joy in reminding me of that on Sunday when I could barely turn my head b/c of the results of my Saturday face-plants. But Au and I were both thrilled with him getting out there and trying something new.
Photos you ask? HA we forgot the camera. Of course. Trust me when I say it was spectacular.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment