Wow, 10 days since my last post. I have been in another world, that's for sure.
ON the job front: I have ultimately decided to stay with my current job. I received a very attractive offer from a competing firm. They continue to lobby for me to leave. Truthfully, under different circumstances, it would've been a good move. But right now is probably not the time to move.
My current firm has agreed to pull me off this case I am on that makes my life hell, with no negative consequences. They've given me a raise (not matching my offer from the other firm, but a sizable increase nonetheless), and talked of other "good things." I get to stay with BossMan, who, although at times makes me crazy, I know that he cares not only about my career but also about my personal life. And they are going to make some adjustments for me to allow for some upcoming lifestyle changes.
Is it a mistake? You know, I don't know. It feels right though. It feels right to stay. Other opportunities will always be out there. But in the grand scheme of things right now and for the next 6-12 months, this is the right thing to do. And I am at peace with this decision.
Meanwhile on the home front, school starts in 5 days and THE BLESSED SUMMER HOMEWORK IS NOT YET DONE. I think teenagers are exasperating!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! It's nice to be wanted! Hope your job becomes more livable with the accomodations. If not, you know for sure that you have options!
COngratulations on the job offer. And I really, really hope that current firm continues to realize what an asset it's got in you and keep trying to make sure you're happy.
thanks for the kind words. You know, it's always curious why it takes an "I'm leaving" stance in order to get the adjustments you need. But to be fair, some of the things they told me were already happening, but they just hadn't shared with me b/c it's not the kind of thing you normally tell an associate. As I said, many changes ahead. they are willing to be flexible, so we'll see how that goes. And if it doesn't work out, well, there are indeed options out there.
Post a Comment