a quick post update - they did it - they're in the National Honor Society and I am proud. thanks to all for your well wishes and cards. Funny how the kids don't think it's "that big a deal." "We're just doing what we're supposed to." yes children, we understand that. And thank goodness you don't realize that "just doing what you're supposed to" is a huge thing when you are a teenager.
No I forgot the camera. As it was, we were fortunate to get there. Between late-running PSAT traffic, back and forth to school 3 times in rush hour, dress shoes left in the school locker, missing ties (no they don't wear their uniform but they must dress up), and traffic traffic traffic, I literally skidded to a stop and threw them out of the car, then parked and ran in. Ah yes, teenagers are so fun. Despite my days of planning it all went to hell quickly. I ran in a grabbed an open chair. I think there was someone who was annoyed with my choice. But I really didn't see anyone else except the open chair until it was too late. Totally ironic.
But we got there, I got to see them, and I think they were glad there was no camera. They hate when I do that. Sigh. Oh and then we went out for Ice Cream. Because that's what my family always did after awards and shows and concerts!
The week has been crazy - so much prep for my upcoming business trip, lots of trial prep, kids who play soccer and run cross country and have psats and study for tests and dogs who need vets and - oh yes - BIRTHDAYS. Why yes the kids did remember my birthday amidst the soccer game etc. No there are no photos.
AU MADE A CAKE. In a pie pan. who knew? It's yummy. Sh made me breakfast in bed - French toast my favorite! And she didn't burn down the house. And there were presents and phone calls and lunch and dinner out (I think I gained 5 pounds in one day!). Thanks to all of you out there for remembering me - and there were a lot of you.
Back on the speeding treadmill, rushing to another finish line. I totally feel like Lucy in the I Love Lucy episode where she's trying to be a candy maker and has to eat them to get them all done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wooohoo, congratulations Au and Sh!
You've got a few more Septembers with school-kids under your belt so maybe you're closer to zen-like tranquility. But in my 8 years of experience, every September is like the Lucy show, with frantic tap dancing while trying to keep a zillion plates rotating on sticks...
Post a Comment