Yes, not a lot of posting going on around here lately. Still getting back into the swing of things. Sh had her Honors Band concert last night - who knew that high school kids could sound so awesome after just 2 days of rehearsing together? The CT grandparents came down for the show. Sh said most kids bought 2 or 3 tickets - when she stepped up and said, "7 please" she got a lot of looks. She said, "Hey, I have a big family!" Gram and Grandpa were glad they made the trip - it was good for them to get away as well as enjoyable to hear the concert.
True to princess form, we had a "flute emergency" 3 hours before the show. With dinner partially simmering and a shower needed by mom, Sh announces tearfully, "I cannot play this flute tonight - it has a leak!!" This her brand new, open-holed flute. I called the Wind Repair shop, which was thankfully and miraculously still open. I explained our "Flute emergency," and they said they could at least look at it. One hour later, it was fixed - but dinner wasn't done, I still needed a shower, and departure time was 60 minutes away. With the help of daddy and Gram, we pulled it off. Sh almost left headless when I discovered that she knew about the leak since Wednesday. Kids. Gotta love 'em.
No, I didn't take any photos of the event. We did buy the CD that was recorded live that evening.
We'll try to get back on our blogging schedule..
I'm currently messing with Picasa and trying to figure out how to create a private (password required or something) web photo album and web page for SH's soccer team. If anyone has any clues, I would greatly appreciate them!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Unfortunately, one of the flaws of the Picasa Web Album is that you can't password protect it. The closest you can come is hiding a folder and password protect it. (Which makes it difficult for others to find). Just right click on any folder with special content, then click "Hide." Enter the password you would like to use. It isn't a perfect solution though.
Hey, did blogger swallow my previous comment? It said it posted it!
You can create a blog at blogger2 that only members can read/post to, and they have to log on. If you don't list it in the directory or enable its search, that keeps it pretty well hidden. I have some experience with this and it seems to work fine. One thing though, is that folks can still download pictures. They can't share the pictures without enabling other users though, AFAIK.
Snapfish (obl discl: affiliated with my employer) and many of the photo websites are now allowing passwords. I don't know how well those work since I haven't used them for that.
There are also social networking sites that you can use for this -- J's dance troupe uses MySpace for posting videos and such. Only friends can see them, and the only friends allowed are the ones that the instructor permits. This is a bit more dicy, because some of the kids' profiles also point to inappropriate stuff. So I'm the one who has to log in for her. You've got a slightly older demographic, so it might be able to work.
I discovered that many organizations offer "Free" websites for teams, complete with software to easily put in schedules and such. of course, I have to pay a fee to have memory to upload photos, but it's probably worth it. i'll continue to "shop around" but I'll probably just use one of the "team" websites offered. Look at what you two have done to me (or for me?!) - I'm becoming a techno-geek! (HAHA I am still so very clueless).
i didnt saw it tearfully.....but ya i am a princess =D dont 4get that LOL.
Admit it -- You were hoping that the flute fairy would fix it while you weren't looking, right?
Post a Comment