Well I'm not as good of a writer as my mom, but I can fill you readers in with the details of the Himes life... as some of you know Au and I just returned from a fantastic band trip to Disney World! This picture is all 4 groups: Wind Ensemble (me), Grace Notes (Au played piano for them), Competition Jazz Ensemble, and String Ensemble. For any band geeks out there the WE, GN, and SE groups all recieved 2's which is an excellent rating. The jazz recieved a 1 'superior' rating. However, in our national competition all groups (except strings) recieved 1st place in their category (the only reason why strings didn't win was because there was only 2 groups in their category, but they demolished the other group). This added up to 7 trophies, but wait, there's more! Out of all of the soloists, our three won for each group (minus strings who didn't have soloists) so add 3 more trophies. THEN our director, Mr. "Ham", won best director in Disney because of the jazz performance. These 11 trophies are now on display along with pictures in the main hallway. More pictures will come as our friends upload them to facebook, for now I just have the stats of the trip. All in all it was a successful, fun trip...then we got hit with loads of homework, make-up quizzes & tests, which quickly brought us back to reality. More to come on the new and IMPROVED Himes Gang Blog :) jk mom.Monday, March 30, 2009
My 1st post...
Well I'm not as good of a writer as my mom, but I can fill you readers in with the details of the Himes life... as some of you know Au and I just returned from a fantastic band trip to Disney World! This picture is all 4 groups: Wind Ensemble (me), Grace Notes (Au played piano for them), Competition Jazz Ensemble, and String Ensemble. For any band geeks out there the WE, GN, and SE groups all recieved 2's which is an excellent rating. The jazz recieved a 1 'superior' rating. However, in our national competition all groups (except strings) recieved 1st place in their category (the only reason why strings didn't win was because there was only 2 groups in their category, but they demolished the other group). This added up to 7 trophies, but wait, there's more! Out of all of the soloists, our three won for each group (minus strings who didn't have soloists) so add 3 more trophies. THEN our director, Mr. "Ham", won best director in Disney because of the jazz performance. These 11 trophies are now on display along with pictures in the main hallway. More pictures will come as our friends upload them to facebook, for now I just have the stats of the trip. All in all it was a successful, fun trip...then we got hit with loads of homework, make-up quizzes & tests, which quickly brought us back to reality. More to come on the new and IMPROVED Himes Gang Blog :) jk mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Welcome my Shananigan! So is that your Frowny Faced Brother kneeling second from Left? And you sitting in the pretty blue shirt on the far right? Help us out here!
Love
Mom
mom i wasn't there for that picture. I went to the first spot @ the castle where we were SUPPOSED to take the original picture. However, the chaperone who also leads the theater club/group decided we should take the picture by the oh so scenic entry gate. As compared to the giant Cinderella's Castle. Of course.
So no I'm not the frowny faced kid kneelin in the front.
-'Gold' (Au)
Yay Sh and Au! And glad to see you online Ms. Sh!
Welcome back, I will now read this a bit more often!
Okay...so I am a bit slow. I just figured out the Gold comment by Au. Yeah...sometimes we old folks take a while. Sigh. And I wanted back in the day to be a Chem Major???
hahaha frowny face kid in the front.
see sh i told u i would read the blog hope you're having fun at colleges. no ireland though!!!!
-'TT'
Post a Comment