First, I hired a housekeeper and enjoyed the bliss of blogging and catching up on stuff this morning while two lovely people, recommended by neighbors, cleaned my house. Will they clean it perfectly? NO. But guess what? This house may never have been cleaned perfectly. And, quite frankly, it just hasn't been CLEAN in a long time. And I can't stand it. If I'm going to work 16 hour days when the kids are not here, and run for 18 hours a day when they are here, well, someone else is going to clean. Wow. I can't believe how good that feels. I made room in the budget (amazing how much money you can find when you really want to - grocery sales, carrying lunches, just say "no" to those adorable shoes....) It's just that important.
Second, I got out all the computer disks and files and toyed with rebooting my hard drive on my personal computer. That virus I picked up long ago just. Won't. Die. I have been backing up the hard drive with my new portable backup toy. So at least my photos etc are saved.
But it dawned on me - if I kill the hard drive on the big computer, do I kill the network in my house? Is it the "main" computer? Would I be able to work from home today? Gee, I don't know that answer. So maybe today is NOT the day we kill the home computer. Maybe when DF comes to visit again I do it with someone who knows what to do looking over my shoulder. So DF how about a home cooked meal? Eh? Maybe even dessert!
Third, I gathered up all the towels the kids use - and why oh why do they use so many? And washed them all. Funny, I did that less than a week ago. And, on their request, I recently bought them big, new, fluffy nice towels that match their bathroom. But funny, those newly washed, nice, clean fluffy towels are in the closet and 48 beach towels are strewn about the house. Sigh. I think it has something to do with "My towel/your towel" and boy/girl germs. Little Sh is quite the germ-o-phobe. Yes we tried putting a towel rack in her room. But she tends to leave it there when she gets in the shower. Kind of a problem. Yes, she's my daughter. Hey at least I have a week to do all the towels. 2 kids + 1 week = 2 loads of towels. Huh? That's what I said....
Fourth, I'm thinking I will cut the back grass. I love cutting the grass. Strange, but true. It's a gorgeous day and the back grass hasn't been cut in 34 years. Well, I call it grass. It's really a bunch of weeds. I didn't bother with feedings/weeding/seeding it this year. It's pretty much all shade and the dogs kill it. The front looks ok - the TruGreen guys I hired have kept it livable. But the back? Egad. Short of cutting down $10,000 of trees, I'm not sure I will ever get grass to grow back there anyway. So I have given up. I have discovered that I have to pick and choose my projects. And the perfect back yard did not make the cut. Ha ha. Little lawn humor there...
I should post photos of soccer - took bunches of Sh's games this past weekend. Did I tell you she ROCKS the soccer world? Yeah, she has become quite the pillar of her club team. That's an interesting journey, I must say. I love watching her play. She's one awesome kid.

Oh yes I did Carol P - I got her AND the ball. I got some good ones of her totally skooling another girl - go see http://picasaweb.google.com/lawgeek55/ChiliSoccerOct452008#
for about 100 photos of the soccer weekend. (maybe 15 really good shots, but hey, at least I tried!)

OK I should try to get a project or two done before I go outside.
And while this 1/2 day "off" is a good breather, I'm thinking I need to plan a real vacation. A week off somewhere nice. Warm. Fun. Ummmm, let's put that on the To Do List!
2 comments:
I may have a need to come your way in about 2 weeks, so it may be a good time. I will let you know later next week. Nice pic's of Sh.
Did you set up your system restore command? If so, can you recover to a time before the virus hit?
And yeah, great pics!
Post a Comment